Wednesday, June 16, 2010

7 Things I Like.


It's another indoor day here (we really wasted our money putting Ruby in soccer this year), so I figured I'd do a random list of things that are making me happy these days:

1. Contrary to the above statement and the last post, I'm loving the rain. It rains here so rarely under regular circumstances, so I'm loving it. If it continues for another week I may take that back.

2. Garden gnomes. And other lawn ornaments that strike my fancy.

3. Reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And the new season of True Blood. Yes, I am weak.

4. Smoothies spiked with Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer. Aaron calls it my "new age food" and wants nothing to do with it, but subbing my regular cereal in the morning with a Vega shake has done away with a lot of stomach problems I was experiencing. Sure, it tastes like dirt, but you get used to it.

5. Things that come out of my children's mouths. Example from Ruby: "Dad, did you know that an iPad is just an iPhone but really, really big?" followed by "Mom, have you ever had pizza made from humans?"

6. The World Cup.

7. Coconut cream green tea.

And that is all for now. Enjoy the rain or the sun, wherever you are.

No comments: