Friday, June 16, 2006

WIP Friday



Taking a cue from Fiona at the amazing Hop Skip Jump (I still haven't managed to teach myself how to sew, but I do love looking at the work of others), I'm presenting my WIPs to you all today. Above you see the much ballyhooed Pomatomus sock. Still on my first sock (yes, the blue month of June is more than half done and the socks are clearly not), I'm getting to the home stretch. The red bits did end up forming a nice spiral pattern down the body of the leg, but once I hit the heel all bets were off. Still, I'm happy with the colourway and I'm finally at a point where I can try the damn thing on. Because the sock is essentially a twisted rib tilted on the diagonal it takes up a lot of stitches, but isn't as stretchy as a straight rib would be. I was freaking out that all of my chart-following would be for nothing (or that I'd have to find a 10 year old to gift them to), but they do fit over my foot and lower calf. Now the question of finishing in time for my Project Spectrum deadline looms...



And just for the heck of it, here is my modest progress on Squarey. I haven't picked this guy up since I cast on for the Pomatomi, but he's still a WIP that will be tended to once the socks are safely on my feet.

No comments: