Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Socks To Birth A Baby With


I didn't think that I'd get these socks done, what with the carpal tunnel syndrome and the baby telling me that he was ready two freakin' weeks ago, but done they are. Anastasia socks knit on size 1 needles with Koigu KPPPM (sorry, I'm not sure of the colourway). They're my first toe-up socks and frankly, I'm quite proud of them. The toes and the heels aren't perfect, but they're okay and I'm no longer completely frightened of toe-up patterns.


I made thse a little shorter because I a) wanted to finish them; b) was afraid I'd run out of yarn; and c) didn't want my ankles to get too hot with the thicker Koigu. Anyway, not much to say, except I like 'em.

6 comments:

sam lamb said...

I like 'em too! And I like the blog makeover too - I think it's cute that you're nesting in the virtual world.

Can't wait to hear the baby news soon! Take care of yourself dear friend.

Tic@ !! said...

if you finaly change your mind, I am sure they would fit me!
nice knittings and good luck for baby's coming!

Abby said...

luv the colours.... great sox.
I am yet to brave sock knitting...
well done!!

Gina said...

Those are gorgeous socks! You might want to consider a pair of store bought anklets for the actual birthing part and save these for after. Would be a shame to ruin them. Keep breathing, walking, relaxing and knitting. It will happen soon.

Lucy said...

I am always pleased to see yarn that caught my eye put to good use. I love these... might have to try a pair for myself!

Elizabeth said...

Gina -- I don't think I'll wear them for the actual birth (I have notoriously hot feet and the hospital tends to be bizarrely warm, so I'll probably go bare), but if I have to stay a few days it'll be nice to use them almost as slippers.