Thursday, December 04, 2008

Goody Gumdrops


I made a gumdrop wreath! I saw a link to this tutorial on Kiddley and fell in love. It's technically a kids' craft, but Ruby is still too little for this kind of thing, so I dove in and did it myself. There was something very soothing about sticking toothpicks in gumdrops and jamming them into a wreath form. And I love how it turned out.

I followed the tutorial pretty closely (you can't really stray too far on this one), using jumbo gumdrops and a hard foam wreath. I didn't buy a ton of gumdrops and also didn't want it to be too heavy, so I only decorated the front part of the wreath, but since the foam form was green, it worked out well. I love it so much, I don't even feel tempted to eat it.

1 comment:

sam lamb said...

OMG - I love it! Is it hard not to pick one off and pop it in your mouth?

I think I would need Jay to coat in in epoxy to keep me from destroying it. Yours looks awesome.