Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge: Bathroom


I know, it doesn't look like I'm in the bathroom here, but I am. See, we don't have a lot of art in our house. I don't know why -- we like art, we have a lot of friends who are artists, we have a lot of friends who went to art school, I think we have good taste in art... It's just not something we've invested in and it seems like we never have enough energy to get creative about hanging stuff on the walls.

Except in the bathroom. This framed comic has been in about five bathrooms of mine over the years and it's a universal hit with everyone who uses the loo. The kitsch factor is there, the vaguely queer title, the nostalgia... overall it's awesome. Unfortunately, if you've ever read any of these true love comics, they're not actually very good, so this one lives happily under glass for our friends and family to stare at while they do their business.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute!

hollibobolli said...

I love that you have this in your bathroom.. I love that you have this - period!! I adore those old comic books, and that one is AWESOME (and I hate that word).

I love the "how to have fun at parties." Do you still have the inside.. I would love to see what it advises! too funny. Love the color of your bathroom too.

hollibobolli said...

that is so bizarre - in my mind your bathroom was pink. I went back and it's white. I'm not insane - I'm just crazy.

Elizabeth said...

Actually, it's kind of a taupe colour. I wish it was pink! In my dreams it's pink.

Oh, and yes, I do have the inside of the comic (it's in tact, in the frame) but haven't looked at it in years. All I remember is that it was too boring to be readable. I think these comics were much better in theory than in practice.