Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cookies And Cookie Monster


Yep, another chocolate cookie from the Martha Stewart cookie book. I think this is the last one of the plain looking chocolate cookies that I hadn't made. It's the Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie, which is featured on the cover of the book. They didn't turn out like I thought they would -- more like gingerbread than the gingersnap-ish looking thing in the picture. But they are pretty delicious. And while they look like the four other chocolate cookies I've made, the dark colour actually comes from the molasses, not the cocoa. Sneaky.

And have you seen this? It's Feist on Sesame Street, and it's the cutest thing ever. I've been friendly with Leslie Feist since about 1995 and while it was exciting to see her on SNL and in Vanity Fair, this is the most awesome and surreal thing I could imagine. I've never known an actual human who has hung out with Elmo (though, I'm more of an old school fan, to be honest). Good on her.

No comments: