Saturday, August 09, 2008

Vacation Pyrex Mania


Well, it's turning out to be a hot and lazy August. I'm thinking that this space will be more of a "lookie what I found" kind of place rather than a "lookie what I made" thing, though Henry is getting into a more predictable sleeping pattern these days, giving me a bit of free time. Plus there's all that sitting on the couch time that comes with the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, I'm not too jazzed about the whole human rights in China thing, but I can't stop my Olympic fever.

Anyway, I really hit the Pyrex jackpot when we went on vacation. In a big way. In our two week trip I hit an amazing (and very very cheap) island thrift shop, a big city flea market, an amazing junk store in the middle of nowhere and was blessed by Aaron's sister's girlfriend, who is downsizing her own massive Pyrex collection.


In addition to the Friendship casserole (lid pictured above) and the amazing Fire King bowls you see here, I picked up these additional FK bowls, a couple of refrigerator boxes, some more Butterfly Gold to add to my set, a couple of solid bowls, six mugs and, best of all, a special Christmas bowl. Amazing. And incredibly boring if you're not into Pyrex. Now I have to find a place to put all of this stuff before Aaron tries to throw it out. Eep!

No comments: