Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weekend Thrift: Vacation Edition


Whenever I go on a road trip I have grand visions of hitting every flea market, garage sale, thrift store and antique shop on the highway. Of course, since Aaron is usually (read: always) driving, this never happens. This year he tried to be somewhat sympathetic to my cause, but since Henry was not having a great time in the car, stopping was not an option. But, I did acquire a few things on the road and I'm ready to play show and tell.

Above, a blue mountain pottery owl! This doesn't actually fall into the "thrift" category, since I got it at an antique store in Seattle and it cost $35. But it was the last day, I had some American cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I really wanted it. And did I mention the next day was my birthday?


Speaking of owls, I first passed on this cookie jar because I didn't want to haul it around for the rest of the trip, but it haunted me, so I went back to the Salt Spring Island thrift store to get it. A steal of a deal at $3.50.


Pyrex! I got this Pyrex space saver and a Fire King Peach Luster square casserole for $3 at a Sally Ann in Victoria, B.C.


And, this isn't technically from my vacation -- it's from Leena's! She picked this adorable boat cookie jar up for me while on her own summer travels. What a mother-in-law! Thanks Leena!

No comments: