Friday, November 18, 2005

Sickies

Just the other day I was asking Leena what new moms do when they're really sick. Well, this week Ruby and I found out. Ruby was under the weather on Tuesday -- still not sure exactly what was wrong, but she had a low-grade fever, stuffy nose and just wanted to sleep and sleep all day (though, next to me, not in her crib). By Wednesday she was better, but yesterday I came down with a cold/flu kind of thing that knocked me out. Aaron wasn't able to come home from work, so I just lay on the floor while she did her best to play on her own.

The bad part came during the night when Ruby, who I guess was feeling ignored during the day, woke up every two hours, foiling my plan to go to bed at 9 p.m. Things were complicated when I came into the living room after putting her down after her 10 p.m. wake-up and I saw a mouse running across the floor. Now, I'm completely rodent-phobic, so that kept me up for at least another hour, giving me only 60 minutes of sleep until Ruby's midnight wake-up. Thankfully Aaron stayed home from work this morning and I got to sleep in.

Needless to say, I didn't get any knitting done over the past couple days. I'm starting to feel the pressure and it's freaking me out.

No comments: