Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pink, Please!



Here's the body for Ruby's Swing Thing, knitted up in some Lamb's Pride. I was a little afraid that my gauge was betraying me, but I tried it on the kid and it fits. Perfectly. Which means it won't fit by fall, or if nature decides to play with me, may not fit by next week. I think I can probably stretch it out in the blocking process, it only needs to be a smidge bigger to be perfect. Still, though, I'm pretty happy with it. I am a little envious, however of Sam's emerging Swing Thing, which she's knitting for her little Sadie in gorgeous Noro. Sadie and Ruby are going to look pretty sharp walking around the neighbourhood this spring.



And, continuing in the Project Spectrum vibe, I cast on a pair of socks last night with some beautiful Fleece Artist sock yarn in a colourway that's full of pinks, wines, berries and browns. It's a truly amazing yarn and a little thicker than my last sock yarn, so it's knitting up nice and quick. I'm making the Mati Hari socks from Craftoholic and the pattern is really fun, though not as taxing as full-on lace. I think my next socks will be the lacy ones in the new Interweave, so this is a nice refresher in the world of YOs.

7 comments:

crabbykate said...

so pretty! I want me some of that. Do you ever sell your stuff?

(came across your blog via Crazy Hip Mama)

Anonymous said...

I daren't show my DD that piccie of swing thing or she will want one immediately! It looks great - I actually never saw that potential in the pattern pictures but obviously my lack of vision because that one looks like a must-have.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! You know the pictures in Magknits don't really show the whole coat on the child (if the little girl was feeling unruly the full body shot may have been too hard to get), but it is a cute pattern. I'm not in love with the way the increases and decreases go, but whatever.

And, Crabbykate, while I am very flattered, I'm afraid I'm strictly a recreational knitter. For the amount of time it takes me to crank out this stuff, I'd have to charge $60 for a pair of socks or $150 for a kid's sweater. Thanks for checking the blog out though, it's nice to hear from other T.O. moms.

CelticCastOn said...

swing thing is going to look great on and isn't that sock yarn yummy! Love the colourway!

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh - love the colors-
:)

sam lamb said...

WOW - that Swing Thing looks divine! I might crop Sadie's a bit shorter (ahem, to save on the expensive Noro wool!) but Ruby is going to be brilliant in pink. And I can't wait to see that Fleece Artist colourway knit up - pink and red rock!

gnarly nanny said...

the swing thing is GORGEOUS. love it :)