Monday, April 17, 2006

Hello, It's Me


Aloha! As you can imagine, two weeks in Hawaii with a small child didn't make for much knitting time, but I did manage to get one of the Simply Lovely Lace Socks done. There was a bit of strife involved, but I'll fill you in on all that later.

So, what did I do on my spring vacation? Watch Ruby grow up. When we left Toronto the Roo had taken steps, but her walking was more of a party trick than a mode of transportation. Within a few days of being in Hawaii she was walking like a maniac, demanding to be freed of the stroller whenever possible. We took her to the aquarium and she let loose -- I realized that I'm now the mother of a child, not a little baby.

There's so much more to tell (the food, my spa day, Ruby wildly running into the ocean, spending an extra day in Vancouver so we could visit with Aaron's side of the family and surprise his mother at the airport), but I'm too jet-lagged to go into it. Suffice it to say, it was a lovely stay in paradise.

4 comments:

mamaloo said...

Welcome Home! Can't wait to hear about everything.

CelticCastOn said...

ahhh Welcome Back!!! glad you had a good time and your baby's walking!!!! How awesome!

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a great trip! sounds wonderful and warm. and a walking baby too! my goodness-
:)
thanks so much for your comment!!

carrie said...

glad you had such a good time! sounds perfectly splendid.