Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Secret Pal Strikes Again


Nothing quite matches the feeling of seeing the Canada Post truck (the one that carries the parcels) coming down your street and realizing that it's stopping at your house. I must say, I'm not overly impressed with the One Skein book, but I am enjoying their Secret Pal exchange immensely. My West Coast SP has been suitably spoiling me with fancy yarn. This month she sent me a gorgeous hank of Suss cotton in hot hot hot pink. I haven't decided what it'll become yet, but I'm thinking it will inevitably be worn by Miss Ruby. My lovely SP also sent a cute bunny bath mitt and a super cool little card. Thanks SP!



Speaking of being spoiled, take a look at Reason #437 that my husband is one of the most lovable creatures on earth. There's a great cupcake bakery called Crave near his work and for the second time since we've lived in Calgary he came home with a selection of delicious cupcakes. Last night I tried one of the pink vanilla cakes, tonight I'm going for chocolate. The plate, by the way, is from a set that Aaron's mum, Leena, lent us while we were waiting for our stuff to arrive from Toronto. The set used to be her mother's "good set" of china, later to become her "everyday" set, then Leena's moving out set, Aaron's moving out set, and finally they were relegated to Leena's basement. They're turquoise, in pretty great shape and have a "Poole" of England stamp on the bottom. I suggested to Leena that I not return them once my own Ikea dishes showed up and she did not protest.

Oh, and I've finished my purple socks. Photos to come a.s.a.p.

1 comment:

mamaloo said...

MMMMMMMMMM! Cupcakes, yarn AND torquoise dishes! That's my idea of heaven!