Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Warmin' Up The Wrists


Hey, how about a FO that isn't a pair of socks? Okay, wrist warmers aren't that far out of the sock family (mind you they're much much easier to whip up on a moment's notice), but I personally am quite pleased that for once this summer, I've veered away from my own feet. What you see here is the hand-knitted gift that I whipped up for my One Skein secret pal. Here are the deets:



Hand/Wrist Warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Malabrigo kettle dyed pure merino wool in "lettuce"
Needle: U.S. 8 DPNs
Mods: Decreased stitch count due to larger needle/thicker wool
Comments: After doing six pairs of socks on U.S. #1s, I was shocked that I managed these over the course of two evenings in front of the TV. I love the diagonal rib pattern and the luxurious practicality of these accessories. Most of all though, I've gotta give props to the wool. My goodness, is it soft. The finished product is warm and lovely and I hope my pal gets good use out of them.

On a side note, this is my last day as a 30-year-old. As of tomorrow, I'm 31. Weird. (Also, do I look pregnant in the body shot? If so I'm not, I'm just doing a weird belly-stick-out).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday today to you, the wonderful Mrs. Elizaboothy!
We miss you in Ontario but hope that life is treating you well back in Alberta!
Have a great day today.

mamaloo said...

May your birthday begin with endless Ruby hugs and be lost in a haze of liquor.

Here is an e-card for you: http://www.6ecards.com/fantasy2.shtml

It was inspired by your new backyard, where I believe this scene is played out every morning before the neighbours awake.