Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mmm... Cheeze


Okay, guilty pleasure time. Does anyone else out there like MacLaren's Imperial cheese product? For those who haven't had the pleasure, it's basically a hoitier and toitier version of Cheeze Whiz. It's crumbly and tangy and ultimately pretty gross. For some reason though, I feel compelled to buy it every couple of years or so, though I never eat the whole tub. We'd get it around Christmastime when I was a kid. For some reason, in the 70s, smoked oysters and MacLaren's Imperial made for a pretty classy treat. Maybe it was the goat cheese of it's time. Or, the synthetic oil-based goat cheese of it's time, at least.

And yes, all of this is a smokescreen to distract you from the fact that the end of the month falls this week and I've yet to even turn the heel of my second Project Spectrum sock. Unless I knit at a crazy speed during the next two nights of Rockstar Supernova, for the first time in six months, it looks like I'll fail to reach the finish line, which is a shame, because this month is one of the easiest patterns I've done yet. I was looking good, but then I went to a dear friend's wedding on Saturday and stayed out (sans Ruby, of course) until about 2 a.m. and drank a whole bottle of wine. The problem with going out without your kid is that unless you have the foresight to leave them with their grandparents overnight, you're going to have to get up with them at 6:30 the next morning (unfortunately, Aaron followed my cue and hit the bottle). Going to bed at 9:30 every night since hasn't afforded me much knitting time. Oh well, it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for my wristwarmers. I intend to do a more formal thank you, but I have been moving out of my house this week and have been swamped. I will post a picture of your awesome wristwarmers in a new, exotic locale when I return from travels abroad! Thanks again,
Kati