Monday, November 27, 2006

Warm It Up


It's freakin' cold here. I don't know what the weather is like in the rest of the world, but we're hovering around minus 30 Celcius here and it's beyond cold. It's so cold that it's become funny. I was remarking to Aaron the other day that people tend to put up their Christmas lights and trees super early here -- I honestly believe it's a reaction to the cold. It's like the thought of Christmas warms people's hearts enough that they can deal with the bitter cold. Oh Canada, you are a cruel mistress.

Anyway, sometime last week I finished these women's wrist warmers, as seen in Last Minute Knitted gifts. Unlike the last pair of these I made (yes, I'm wearing the same thing in the picture for that post and standing in the same spot. Yes, I'm lame), I actually used the recommended yarn, Noro Cash Iroha. It's soft as butter, I tell you. I'm not totally in love with the colourway, but seeing as I whipped these up with a leftover ball from another project, I am in love with the economy of these psuedo-mitts. Will I keep them, or will they end up as an Xmas gift? Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Just this weekend I bought some beautiful deep teal colored Cash Irona and now I have a good idea of what I'm going to do with it. Thanks!

Veronique said...

-30C?! Damn. Where I grew up (in France), it would get to -20C every once in a great while, and we'd complain bitterly. I'm confused by the warm NYC weather (20C today!).
I love your wrist warmers! I have a friend who made them and wears them every day. Well, when the temps dip below 20C that is :)

Elizabeth said...

Ramona -- do it! They use a little less than a single hank of Cash Iroha. I've made the mens' version out of the same yarn and managed to get a pair out of a single hank, but with only about six inches to spare. Yikes!