Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Catching Up


Wow. I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted. There's been some crazy times in these parts -- Aaron was overseas for a week and a half on business, leaving me here with both kids for the first time (props to the single moms out there -- I have no idea how you do it). Then there's always that weird adjustment period that we always go through when he comes back from a trip. Then Ruby started getting sick. Yesterday I had to take her for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia -- I haven't heard from the doctor, so I'm assuming the results are in and she's fine. Well, still sick, but not dangerously so. Then the baby started coughing this morning. Ugh -- nothing leaves a mother as breathless as the possibility of their kid being really really sick. It's nice to be reminded of just how intense my love is, but I really don't enjoy seeing pictures of my kid's insides.


So, not a lot of crafting time, but I am constantly feeling compelled to start new projects. What you see here are a couple pages from Bite This Book, a little softie book project from Kat Coyle's Boho Baby Knits. I can't believe this is my first project from this book -- I was so excited when it came out, but never really had the time. I figure I can whip up a little page for the book when I have the time and all six should be done by the time Henry is ready to flip the pages. Though that day may be coming sooner than I think -- by the looks of it, the little stinker is just about ready to cut his first tooth. He's three months old! This shouldn't happen for another six months! I just hope he's not a biter.

No comments: