Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Warming Up A Bald Head


The weather took a sudden change this week. It's not freezing or anything, but I realized that Henry's bald little head was going to get pretty cold pretty fast if I didn't knit something fast. So, for about the 15th time in my life, I cast on and made a very simple baby toque.

I used the Simple Baby Cap #2 from Itty Bitty Hats, which is a pretty standard hat pattern (there's a million of them out there). I used some Malbrigio Worsted that I had leftover from I don't remember where and just went to town. I love making this kind of hat -- it doesn't take much more than an hour and it's something that I know will be worth my while and get a lot of use. As I was knitting it, I was afraid it was going to be too big, but apparently my kid has quite a lot of brains, because I'm now worried that it won't last him through the winter. Which is okay, since I can always take an hour or two to make another one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pix.... what killer eyes your babe has!!

sam lamb said...

and those cheeks! oh mr. henry, you are one adorable baby!

lovely hat too - the gentle shifting of colour is great (ahh, malabrigo).