Thursday, October 09, 2008

Rice Krispie Pie


I've never been big on Rice Krispie squares -- in our house if it ain't chocolate, no one is interested (I don't think Ruby has even tried non-chocolate ice cream. I blame it on all the chocolate she consumed in utero). But, kids seem nutty over Rice Krispie treats, so when I stumbled across the recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Squares in the new issue of Everyday Food (sorry, too lazy to link, but I'm sure the recipe is also on the Martha Stewart website, they're pretty good that way), I had to make them. Basically, it's just regular Krispie squares with some cocoa thrown in with the melted marshmallows, then some bittersweet chocolate melted and drizzled on top. Goodness me, they were delicious. And trust me, they did not last long.

And, it turned into a Rice Krispie pie, because I weirdly don't have an 8 by 8 baking dish. Next time I'm going to double up and make it in a bigger pan, because it'll be worth my while for sure.

No comments: