Monday, July 20, 2009

Les Girls




I don't even remember when I started stitching these girls, but I think it may have been about a year ago. I know. But in the spirit of finishing things, I finally put the finishing touches on these little embroideries. They are, of course, the Stitchettes, from the wonderful Hillary Lang. I bought pretty much every series of Stitchette patterns as they came out, but this is the first time I've really finished anything. I think these are all from the Spring series, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I simply stitched them onto some beigy fabric, glued the edges onto the hoop, trimmed, and stuck them on Ruby's wall. I'd tell you that she loves them, but I don't think she's actually noticed them.


In unhappier news, yesterday Henry was stung by a wasp. In the face. His whole face immediately started puffing up and I called the public health line in anticipation of an allergic reaction (my brother was fatally allergic to yellow jackets as a child, so I'm freaked out about such things -- he's since outgrown it). He woke up this morning still breathing, but with his eye almost puffed shut. I didn't get stung by a wasp for the first time until I was 31 (and pregnant with Henry), how does this kid get stung before he's even two? He's a magnet. Must be because he's as sweet as honey.

No comments: