Thursday, July 09, 2009

Get Back, Wonky Cat


This little guy is not an example of my best work, but I kind of love him. A good friend of mine who lives on the other side of the country had a baby daughter about three months ago and I've been trying to find time to make something special every since her birth. With Ruby and Henry at their all time most demanding as of late (they've reached the age where they fight over stuff -- it's a non-stop screech-fest in our house), it didn't materialize. The little family flew out here to visit friends and family and when I got an invite to a baby shower for them, I knew I had to make something pronto.

So, I dug out my trusty Aranzi Aronzo books. I wanted to make something from the more recent Baby Stuff, but the dolls that I wanted to make (made out of terry cloth) were a little too small for what I had planned. So, I used the Grey Cat pattern from Cute Dolls, with a few mods. I used an old towel for the body to make him nice and cuddly.

As you can see, he turned out a little... wonky. One leg is way shorter than the other (huh?) and he's pretty floppy. Luckily, the parents are the kind of people who can appreciate such a thing. He's a little creepy, but pretty cute. And hopefully little Aurora will love him too.

No comments: