Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stitchin'


I've been feeling crafty lately. Not that I have the time or energy to actually do much about it, but I've been feeling the itch. And I'm taking baby steps to get back in the game. I cast on for another pair of baby socks. I made Henry some curtains (pictures to come -- the weather has been awful here and there hasn't been a nice sunny curtain-picture-taking day). I've been thinking about making a quilt. I've been sorting through fabric. And I've been stitching.

I keep a little embroidery bag stashed under my couch and do a little bit of stitching in the rare moments when both the kids are asleep/otherwise occupied and I'm not in desperate need of a nap myself. Since I've spruced up Henry's room, I figured Ruby deserved some new wall art too. I've loyally been buying the Wee Wonderful Stitchette embroidery patterns and I figured the summer girls would be perfect for Roo's room. I'll share more once I'm done.


And, I figured I post this just to be consistent, though you probably don't really need to see another picture of chocolate cookies. These are the Milk Chocolate cookies from the Martha Stewart book, baked for my friend Joe's birthday this weekend. I'm starting to feel a little duped -- I've made three chocolate cookie recipes from this book now and they've all yielded virtually identical cookies. Now, I know that there are plenty of non-chocolate recipes in there and I don't have to exclusively make the recipes that are almost the same. But I like chocolate. These cookies were good, but again, were chocolate sugar cookies. Nothing more, nothing less.

p.s. Thanks to those of you who inquired about my health after the last post. I'm totally fine, but my insides took a bit of a beating from birthing Henry. I don't know much, there may be problems if I go into labour again, but since I have no immediate plans to have another kid, it's not too big of a deal.

No comments: