Saturday, November 21, 2009

Angels and Demons


I went to a really big pro Christmas craft fair today. I have mixed feelings about these kinds of sales -- while all the vendors are people who make stuff themselves and sell it, not huge commercial retailers, I would much rather support tiny more edgy craft fairs. I find a lot of the stuff at the big fairs really not to my taste, and honestly, some of the patrons get kind of annoying to shop next to. Still, since I'm buying for parents and other people who may not share my indie taste, I usually try to hit at least one big sale every year.

And I did pretty well. In addition to some gifts for the family, I bought an angel to top our tree (do you have any idea how hard it is to find a good angel? Most stores are way more into star toppers) and this ornament here, both crafted by an older lady who was working the fair. Ruby is going to love this little gal -- so fluffy and girly. I love her too.

No comments: