Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cards. Made of Paper.


I think I probably mentioned this last year (probably also in November), but I am absolutely stubborn about sending out physical Christmas cards. I scoff at the e-card and sniff at the annual email newsletter. I love paper mail (I won't even call it snail mail because really, next day delivery within the city is pretty frickin' quick). I find the postal system pretty fascinating. Frustrating at times as well, sure, but it really is a miracle that most stuff makes it to where it's supposed to be going.

Every year I send out about 150 Xmas cards, many of which include a Walmart photo of my children (it's the only thing I go for Walmart for. Why Walmart is a question I can not answer. It's just become my tradition). I've got the process down to a near science and I manage to get them all filled out and addressed over the course of a week or so. The only snag is tracking down addresses of people who have moved. Also, finding time to go to the post office to send off the overseas cards. This year the holidays are totally sneaking up on me and I'm feeling huge stress, but I will not forsake my Christmas cards. No way, man.

No comments: