Monday, December 14, 2009

Little House


I finished the Cozy Cottage from Alicia's kit. I'm telling you, this is the Sistine Chapel of felt ornaments -- so much beautiful detail, and actually quite time consuming. Mind you, I did go a little overboard on the beading, so that could be why it took me almost a full week to make it. But I loved every second of it, especially embroidering the holly. So fun. I'm kind of desperate to move onto the Ice Skating kit, but I'm also committed to making six (!) patchwork stockings in the next 11 days, so I think I might stash them away until next year. Christmas, how do you always manage to come so quickly?

But I do love this Cozy Cottage, and I'm very glad that this one is not intended as a gift, it's staying put on our own tree. Also, it's near and dear to my heart because I started it, appropriately enough, while on a pre-Xmas family vacation that took place here:



And featured a view of this:


Yep, last weekend was bliss in a rented house in the mountains. We risked life and limb driving there in a horrible blizzard, but got to spend almost three whole days with Aaron's parents and his sister and her girlfriend, which was amazing. And certainly made me feel very Christmas-y indeed.

1 comment:

Karen Arthur said...

What an adorable ornament and the view from the rental home is just beautiful... I am sure you had a great time.
Karen A