Monday, December 26, 2005

The happiest of holidays

All of our photos are locked in the camera, so nothing visual to share right now, but I would like to send a big Boxing Day shout-out to all of you. Our Christmas was lovely -- Ruby had a very nice first Xmas and everyone very graciously took our luggage allotment into consideration and didn't spoil the little thing with huge toys. She did, however, get a load of gorgeous handmade gifts: a knit sweater, a knit dress, and some hats from her Nana, a couple of amazing hand stenciled clothing items from Auntie Erin and, best of all, a hand stitched doll that Auntie Daniella constructed from her old punk rock t-shirts. The doll especially brought more than a few tears to my eye. I'll post some pics for all you crafty types once we get back to Toronto next week.

As for me, Santa left me a sewing machine, so I can branch off into some non-knit projects. I've also been hard at work on my Fairly Easy Fair Isle sweater. I love knitting with the Lamb's Pride. I forgot how hard bulky-sized needles are on the wrists though. Luckily, I'm scheduled for a 90 minute (!) massage on Thursday, so I can get all the kinks out of my sore mommy muscles.

No comments: