Friday, December 09, 2005

Yes!


What you see here is the completed Joanne doll! Well, almost complete -- I'm going to make her a tiny replica of the scarf I made her for Christmas last year, but I haven't had time to dig around for the yarn. Still though, isn't she cute? If you don't actually know Joanne, the effect isn't as profound, but believe me, it does actually kind of look like her.

I've also made the executive decision to scrap the Erin and Daniella dolls, mostly due to the fact that I'm burnt out beyond belief and need to relieve some pressure. Also, Erin is an amazing artist and I don't really know her all that well yet, and I'm a little nervous to unleash my very primitive folk art on her. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to make her a goofy present, but I'm still a little intimidated.

As for the other three, I did Brad's hair tonight (boys' hair is harder than girls') and I'll just press on through the weekend, with the lucky recipients receiving their gifts next weekend. I'm a little nervous about Lauren's curly hair, I may have to splurge and buy some kind of boucle yarn.

No comments: