Thursday, June 15, 2006

Do You Want To Know A Secret?



My One Skein Secret Pal has struck! Actually she struck a few days ago, but with the madness that is my life I haven't got to post about it yet. As you can see from the picture above she (I'm assuming it's a she) sent me the required card and skein of yarn and threw in a really cute little needle cozy! Thanks SP!

So, the yarn is Blue Sky Worsted, which is an alpaca/merino blend. It is unbelievably soft. My pal decided to honour my penchant for pink (I really can't get enough of the pink yarn, it's true), but to add some variance to my wardrobe she went for a very pale pink that almost drifts into beige territory. Very nice. I'm thinking that this skein will probably turn into some kind of neckwarmer -- maybe a little cowl kind of thing. Now that I'm in Calgary I'm going to need something warm and portable -- you never know when it's going to go from 15 above to 15 below.

So, thank you again Secret Pal! I can hardly wait to see what comes next!

No comments: