Sunday, June 11, 2006

LYS Bliss



Life in Calgary is becoming a little more bearable. Aaron returns home tomorrow, my car should arrive next week and we've finally sold the house (which means we can start looking for a new one -- a chore I loathe, but it'll be worth it once we have our own place again). Most importantly though, I've found my new LYS.

Make 1 Studios is only two months old and I feel like they sensed I was coming back. Now, Calgary has some other nice stores (I have to check out the other new one -- Pudding Knits), but Make 1 has Elizaboothy written all over it. I believe it's co-owned by the famed Indigirl, but you can correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, the had a selection of Lorna's Laces like you wouldn't believe, gorgeous cashmere that I could never afford and a lot of beautiful yarns that I haven't seen anywhere else. The women who own the place have fantastic taste -- the colours are all very tasteful. Best of all, they're really trying to get a social scene going there with lots of events and tons of knitting space. They even had a table for Ruby to sit down and colour at while Leena and I shopped. They invited us to come back and knit any time, with Ruby in tow. Child friendly, well-stocked with Lorna's Laces and in Calgary? Pinch me!

Of course, I had to buy something. Pictured above are two wound hanks of Lorna's Lace's Sheppard Sock in Fresh Stripe for next month's Project Spectrum (which will be a very very simple rib sock, I'm tellin' you). Also, I picked up a ball of Kid Merino for the Last Minute Knitted Gifts Airy Scarf, to be sent to my One Skein Secret Pal in August. I was going to go for the Rowan Kid Silk Haze (which they had plenty of in stock), but I liked this colour better. So, once I finish those damn Pomatomus socks, I'm good to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, such gorgeous yarn that you got - especially the Lorna's Laces one - looking forward to seeing the socks you're going to make with it! And good luck with the Pomatomus!