Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pillow Talk


While the Ruby saga is easing up a little bit (though our true test will be tomorrow when she has to go to school), I haven't been in a very crafty frame of mind. Spring tends to bring a lot of busy-ness -- friends to see, trips to take (NYC next month!!!), general stuff to do. But I have been doing a bit of the crafty-crafty -- today I managed to finish off these throw pillows. Regular readers will know that I'm not much of a seamstress, but we needed some pillows for our new couch, which is one of those modern numbers that looks great, but doesn't have those overstuffed arms that make for good head rests when you're stretched out. So I ordered some fabric from good old Reprodepot and whipped up these butterfly cushions. It's a simple pillow, with a button band on the back for easy washing. I'm very pleased.


Also, I wandered on down to Make 1 to spend a gift certificate that's been burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas (I've been knitting from stash and haven't needed to use it -- can you believe it?). I had every intention of buying some yarn to cast on for Flair since i so desperately need a new jacket, but there wasn't a lot of cotton in stock, with winter still in relatively full effect in these parts. Somehow I managed to walk out with a copy of Favourite Socks (yes!) and this giant skein of Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace, which comes with a very easy shawl pattern. I'm not going to tell you how much it cost (um, just in case Aaron is reading this), but it was not cheap, though there is 1250 yards of the stuff here. This picture does not do the colours justice -- it's a beautiful blend of hot pink, mauve and grey yarn. And it'll make a nice lightweight project to take to New York.

1 comment:

Veronique said...

Oh, I've always drooled on Helen's lace... Lovely colors!
And I love Reprodepot. Who doesn't? :)