Monday, March 05, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge: Online Tools Week #1


I've gotta admit -- I'm not in love with this month's SPC theme. Online tools are not really my thing, I much prefer organic cut 'n' paste forms of expression. I mean, it took me years to give in and finally get a digital camera -- I liked the thought of using film too much to give it up. Anyway, I did find that the Scribbler tool was kind of fun and mesmerizing to watch, so I made this little drawing of my own self.

Other than procrastinating by sitting in front of the computer, our little family had a nice weekend. Lots of visiting with the grandparents, a nice trip to the park to play in the snow and a super short wait to get into one of our favourite breakfast joints (where the line is usually about 45 minutes long! Undoable with a two-year-old) made it a relaxing one. Oh, we also watched Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice and The Big Chill. We're not into partner-swapping (um, not in the least, thank you), but somehow that's where our mail-order movie chips fell this weekend. Weird.

5 comments:

Kamsin said...

I wasn't too keen on the challenge this month either, but ended up having fun with it. Nice "scribble"!

AMANDA said...

Thats neat. I don't recall seeing the scribbler tool. I'll have to give it a try.

Blondie said...

Oooohhhhh! I lurve it! Very cool.I am not too savvy with online tools, but you made it look very groovy.

Waspgoddess said...

I really like your self portrait, it's so mischievous. I couldn't figure out how to use the scribbler tool, but I am totally useless when it comes to drawing. Much better at appreciating :)

Anonymous said...

That turned out really well, very cute portrait.