Thursday, February 16, 2006

Oh, the shame



Yes, that's my Fairly Easy Fair Isle Sweater. Stuffed in the corner where we tend to stuff things that we don't want Ruby to get into, just waiting for its sleeves to be seamed. The knitting is done and the seaming will take an hour, tops. But will I do it? One day, but not today.

It's weird, although I'm perfectly capable of making a lovely sweater to wear, I'm so seduced by the small items that I can't seam these stupid sleeves so that I can enjoy the fruits of my labour (not to mention the $80 worth of yarn it took to knit this sweater). I know I'll still be able to use this sweater in the spring when we sit out on our patio in the evening, but wouldn't it be nice to cozy up with while it's still winter? Yes, yes it would. But that still doesn't mean I'm going to finish it any time soon. Luckily, the whole point of having a knit blog is the feeling that you have an audience silently guilting you into getting your projects done, so I pledge to seam this sweater before the end of the Olympics. I promise.

Speaking of the Olympics, I've been avoiding getting any of my work done by keeping my eyes glued on the CBC all day, although I was plenty p.o.'d that they only ran the last group of skaters in the men's free skate so that they could show a non-medal hockey game in its entirety. Either way, my beloved Sandhu choked, as did my American love Johnny Weir. Sigh. But, our boy Jeff Buttle came in a very respectable third. Canada won three other medals, two in speed skating and one in skeleton. The skeleton also featured the amazing Lindsay Alcock, who is the younger sister of a good friend of mine from high school. Lindsay didn't win, but she's a former world cup champ and she still kicked ass. Woo!

No comments: