Monday, February 27, 2006

What did you do on the weekend?



As inspired by Kath at Red Current:

1. Watched March Of The Penguins
2. Cleaned bathroom for a soon to be arriving house guest (from Finland!)
3. Met a newbord baby named Edie, who I held in my arms for what must have been a half hour. She slept the whole time. She was lovely. I gifted her the Spherey I made for her earlier in the month.
4. Watched Aaron do a ton of handyman work (including a new shelf for my cookbooks!)
5. Made a wager with my dad, in which we're going to predict the entire list of Oscar winners. In every category. If I win, I make him dinner. If he wins, he buys me dinner (trust me, it's better that way. For both of us).

Oh, and:

6. Made much progress on my Swing Thing. Pics to come soon.

Strangely, holding the new baby didn't make me want to have another one immediately. If anything, she made me happy that I'm just with Ruby for now. Weirdly though, the penguin movie totally made me want to have another little one. Those penguins go through a lot for their chicks -- it actually makes parenting a human seem pretty easy!

3 comments:

kath red said...

sounds like you had a good weekend

carrie said...

i loved "march of the penguins." just cute beyond words!

lamb-things said...

I saw 'March of the Penguins' too, it was just amazing what they go through for their babies.