Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday



Since I'm starting to work a bit again and need to exercise my creative muscles, I decided to join Self-Portrait Tuesday. This month's theme is All Of Me, and the intent is to showcase the parts of ourselves that we'd usually rather not have others see. I've been trying to organize my photos of Ruby and have managed to lose all the prints from the first three months of her life, so I've been going through the digital files of her birth. Now, I originally thought I'd put up one of the shots that Aaron took immediately following her birth, because those certainly fit the unflattering aspect of the All Of Me theme. But then I decided to post this one.

Here I am, in Toronto's Mt. Sinai Hospital, after learning that I'd have to go through an induced labour after my water broke and my stubborn little kid refused to start clawing her way out. I'm on the phone with my parents, telling them that they're about to become grandparents. I'm scared and excited at the same time and I think that sense of emotion in caught in my face. So there you go, me baring my exhilaration and trepidation about becoming a mother one year ago.

Right now I'm listening to Leonard Cohen being interviewed on the CBC. For an hour. Lovely.

No comments: