Friday, November 07, 2008

Dance, Owly, Dance


Shh... this one is for non-Ruby eyes only. I finally got around to ordering Tania's kid's book, Berkley's Barn Owl Dance. I've been collecting a few special Ruby things above and beyond the tea set and doll's house that she's requesting from Santa and I've known for a while now that this book was going to be on that list. I'm not sure if she'll end up getting this for Xmas or if it'll be a birthday gift (early February, you know), but she'll be in for a little Berkley action. I haven't actually read through the book yet, but the illustrations are obviously super cute and it generally looks awesome. Way to go, Tania!

In other news, I took the kids to get their holiday portrait today. Last year we finally nailed Ruby's pose and now we're right back to struggling with a baby in front of the camera. By the time Henry turns into a portrait pro, Ruby will be old enough that she's pouting and sneering in front of the camera. Parenting has been a headache this week, I tell ya. I'm just happy that with Christmas approaching I can use the "the elves are watching" threat on Ruby. Props to whoever invented that whole lump of coal thing... it's the only thing that gets me through the holidays.

No comments: