Thursday, January 22, 2009

Solid As A Sock


So, I held up this sock to Aaron the other night and said "Look how wacky this yarn is! Isn't this sock crazy?" He looked at me like I was absolutely crazy.

I know that I should be working on Ruby's doll, but I got a ball of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn for Christmas and it was calling my name. So, I cast on and have been addicted to watching the crazy, seemingly random colours fall into place. I know this is a really niche knitter thing, but I actually find Noro funny. I laugh as I knit with it, watching the thick turn into thin, the dark green turn into hot pink. A non-knitter might just think that these colour transitions are ugly, but I think they're witty.

Plus, this yarn is kind of awesome because it knits up so quick, which is exciting, even though I don't see myself wearing these socks under shoes -- they're more of a house sock kind of thing. Either way, I'm well into sock #2, so I'll tell you more about all of this once I have a finished project to show off.

2 comments:

cara lou said...

Haha -- I totally understand the humor in that crazy yarn. They look comfy though!

Yes, my husband is a musician, too. :) When he's away I totally get more done -- something has to fill the void!

Not Available said...

I love Noro too and have been hooked on making all kinds of crazy stuff with it. I've been meaning to try the sock yarn. I get so mesmerized watching whatever I'm knitting grow — and changing in colour and texture. Too awesome.