Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For The Aunties


There are few people in this world that Ruby loves as much as Aaron's sister, Auntie Daniella. It's not surprising: Daniella is one of the most loving and lovable people that you could ever meet. So, for her birthday next week, we wanted to make something special.

Enter the second in my series of Ruby-drawn pillows. Like the Grandma Pillow, this is adapted from the very basic Farmgirl Pillow from Alicia Paulson's Stitched In Time. I used some leftover American Jane Building Blocks fabric that I bought ages ago from Repro Depot and some vintage seersucker that I had lying around. The seersucker was a bit of a pain to sew, but I got the pillow case constructed in about half an hour, which means it is ridiculously easy, since I am a bit of a challenged sewer.

So, there you are. The drawing is awesome -- from left to right you've got Daniella's girlfriend Erin, their dog Jenny, and the birthday girl herself. It's kind of funny -- in real life, Erin is not twice as tall as Daniella (in fact, she's probably smaller), Jenny is a giant of a dog, and Daniella does not have curly hair (though Ruby always draws her this way). It think they're going to love it. I sure do.

4 comments:

cara lou said...

So cute!! I love the drawing. And I LOVE that American Jane fabric. I made a quilt with the Recess line and still can't stop drooling over it.

I'm sure they will love the pillow!! It's precious.

Unknown said...

This is the best gift I think I have ever seen. Very precious indeed!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! What a heartfelt and original gift idea...

vintagechica said...

So great! Reminds me of the one in Amanda's Creative Family book...they'll love it!