Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Groundhog? What Groundhog?


One doll down, another project already started! I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling uncannily productive this week, despite the stress surrounding a major renovation project. I'm blaming it on the faint whiff of spring that's in the air. This comes as a bit of a delusional denial, since I know that we have at least another stretch of weather in the -20s on the way. It's inevitable. But still, spring is in my heart this week, so I'm willing to go with it.


And in my heart, spring also means thrifting. I hit a decent estate sale last week that netted me a pair of lamps (that were passed on to one of Aaron's co-workers) and this amazing pressed-glass bowl and plate set, which I've already used to serve salad. It's Anchor Hocking, in the Sandwich pattern (thanks for the ID, Flickr glass people!). Henry and I also made a little jaunt to the thrift stores today (the weather was so nice, we couldn't just stay inside) and I scored some Blue Mountain pottery to add to my collection. Don't tell my husband, I don't want to get in trouble.

No comments: