Monday, January 23, 2006

Vote

If you're reading this on Monday and you're a Canadian, please don't forget to go out there and vote. It's not too late to get informed if you don't feel equipped to make a choice (you are already on the internet after all) and no matter how you think things are going to turn out, your vote does count. Please vote with your head and your heart.

I'm actually pretty excited about this election -- not because I'm looking forward to the results, because no matter what happens today, I will wake up tomorrow with a Prime Minister that I do not respect. But I am excited to see democracy in action this election -- I don't remember the last time that no one could truly predict what would happen on election day. If you watch the polls, we could have a Conservative majority or a Conservative minority, or everyone could get cold feet and vote Liberal like they always do. I'm not going to tell you how I'm going to vote today, but I will say that I'm voting for a party that I've never voted for before. And no, I'm not voting Conservative. Aaron, on the other hand, is torn between three parties and he doesn't think he'll decide for sure until he has the pencil and ballot in his hands (yes, American friends, we still actually vote with pencil and paper here). We'll be glued to the CBC all evening for sure.

In knitting news, I made great headway on my FEFI over the weekend. It's been forever since I've made a sweater and I forgot the exhilaration of joining the sleeves to the body without having to seam. I'm about a third of the way through the colour work and I'm loving it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment! you are right 29 ndp rocks!
:)
ruby is ADORABLE!!