Friday, April 20, 2007

W.I.P. Friday: A Whole Lot Of A Little


With Ruby's new nap routine (she goes into bed; she refuses to sleep; she gets very tired; she gets very cranky; she still refuses to sleep; she falls asleep in my arms as I comfort her) I'm not getting a whole lot done. But there is a lot of a little. I've resurrected my interest in the crochet blanket (though only a trained eye would notice a difference) and I did finish the baby blanket, which I swear I'll show you once it's blocked. Above is the accompanying hat -- the Lil' Pumpkin Hat from Itty Bitty Hats. Naturally, I'm not going to spend $14 on green yarn to match the body of the hat so I can make the stem, so I've been experimenting with stashed yarns, none of which are doing the trick. I think I have some Brown Sheep Nature Spun somewhere that should work, I just have to find it.


Next up, I've finally started my first embroidery from my long ago purchased Jenny Hart kit. This shall be a tea towel. Again, much more exciting once it's finished.


And, finally, there's a new crafter in the house. This little bag, with feathers glued on by Miss Ruby is full of beans. It's a shaker she made in her new music class. She and the other kids were marching around the room shouting Go, Flames, Go! I second that sentiment -- not usually a hockey fan, but the boys have been showing a lot of heart the last couple of games. Thank heavens for the Kipper!

No comments: