Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tea (Towels) For Two


Somehow I've had more to blog about these days than I've had time to blog. Don't expect this to continue -- my craftiness seems to come in waves. After a year or so of moaning about how I wanted to dive into some embroidery projects, I finally cracked into the Sublime Stitching kit that I bought at a closing out sale about two years ago. I don't know why it took me so long -- this is such an easy and relaxing craft (at least at the rudimentary level I'm taking it to) and makes for such great gifts. I thought I'd start with the obligatory tea towels, to be sent off to a dear friend for her birthday.


Being the rock 'n' roll kind of gal I am (yeah, as if), I started off with Jenny Hart's flying vee guitar, which was fun because of the numerous french knots. I also stitched my friend's name on there, which has been covered up to protect the innocent. I also whipped up the pretty kitty, with "bewitching" stitched beside her, because said friend is certainly a bewitching kind of girl. Anyway, not much to say, but I think I've been struck by the embroidery bug. I have plans for the Wee Wonderful Stitchettes next -- hopefully I won't take another year to get my iron out and do the transfers.

1 comment:

lamb-things said...

elizabeth, i love your embroidery, one of my favourite things to do.

sam's mum