Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Heads Up, 7-Up


Ha-ha-ha! (Remember those old 7-Up ads from the '70s and '80s?). I love the colour of this Sheep Shop Yarn -- so refreshing (and caffeine-free). This is my botched version of Stefanie Japel's Reclamation Scarf. I obviously am completely unable to follow instructions, since the pattern for this scarf calls for one row of eyelets per five rows or something, and I did them every other row. Oops. So, it's more of a fishnet pattern, which wasn't quite what I intended, but I kind of like the result anyway. Airy, loose and kind of '80s, which seems to be what the kids are digging these days.


I love this yarn. The 7-Up colour strikes me as being kind of hilarious and the yarn itself is softer than soft. It's really gorgeous and I want to run out and buy another hank to make another scarf. The hanks also carry a huge yardage -- Stefanie's pattern is designed to use a single skein of yarn (the size of the scarf depends on how big the skein is), but I quit after a while because I didn't want the scarf to be too huge. I think I may have enough left to crank out a tiny baby hat for my niece or nephew due this fall.

This scarf will soon be on it's way to Vancouver to be gifted away. I shall miss it. But, I'm telling ya, this Reclamation pattern is addictive, so I should have a replacement on the needles soon.

No comments: