Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day


So, at long last, here is one of my Project Spectrum items from March. I've wisely scaled back to just a pair of socks per PS month instead of socks and a something else. Here's the specs:

Pattern: Swing Thing from MagKnits in size 1-2 yrs
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Lotus Pink (3 skeins)
Needle: U.S. 8 straight and DPNs

So, I thought it was going to be too small for Ruby, but it's just about right, so I think my gauge was right (I was a little worried about midway through). I love this pattern -- it was really easy and fairly quick to knit. I'm not wild about the way the decreases were written in the pattern, but I do kind of like the way they look now that the sweater is finished. I have no photo of Ruby actually modeling the coat because she's been really cranky and hard to pin down. Things have also been crazy around here -- I'll explain more about that in the days to come.

And yes, it is indeed May and I'm still not finished my April orange socks. I'm about an inch away from the toe. By the end of the week, I swear!

2 comments:

carrie said...

what a darling, darling sweater. it's old-fashioned and sweet, especially in pink

Ramona said...

Very pretty!