Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday


Okay, the hand holding a cup of coffee is a bit of a cop-out, but since my SPTs seem to be dominating the blog these days, I figured you all may not be ready for another introduction head shot. Plus, these days knowing that I'm a caffeine addict is key to knowing me -- I actually start crying if I don't have a coffee in my system by, say, 9 a.m. and I'll continue to accept coffee throughout the day, even if I'm already jittery from having two or three cups. So, this was a rare moment this morning, when Ruby was occupied and Aaron was in the shower. Me, enjoying my coffee. Sigh.

I'm hoping to reestablish this ol' blog as a knitting site by the end of the week -- I've been knitting up my second Retro Rib at a furious pace. Things have been busy on my end, it's true -- we're getting closer to our move date, Ruby's been teething like crazy (four molars at the same time, which seem to be taking two months to come in) and I took on a last minute writing gig that was too good to turn down. I agree with many of you bloggers who caution against deadline knitting -- it should be about the pleasure, not some kind of rush to the finish line. Still, I feel like if I'm not producing something like, say, a sock, that I'm floundering in the larger context of my life, hence the need to finish my Project Spectrum projects. So, I've been knitting away. I knitted through Marissa Cooper's cheesy death last week and I'll knit through the finale of American Idol this week. And damn it, if I'm not finished by the time I leave this town... Well, I'll be disappointed, that's what.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

If you were at Yorkdale yesterday, then I think I saw you. It was a little strange, but I didn't want to say anything for fear that it wasn't you. Very odd, but cool!

Anonymous said...

c'mon now, bring us some knitting. but in the meantime, the self-portraits are great.